Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Jamie Lynn Shafer Exhibition

When I went to Jamie Lynn Shafer talk I had no idea as to what her work was about or what she did. As I listened to her talk I was intrigued and found her power point to be interesting being able to see the projects. However after the talk I actually got to see her exhibition and I was completely shocked. Her pieces in person where so much better then looking at them in a power point. As I looked at each different piece I remembered why and how she made them from her talk. However looking at them close up the amount of detail that she put into each of her book was incredible. Some of the pieces like Code Red, 1 in 3 and 17927 where smaller in person than what I thought they would be.

When I first saw Code Red I was surprised at how small the book actually was. I was expecting it to be much bigger but is was small and I think that it made it more confined and made the viewer look more closely at it. Just like Code Red I expected 17927 to be bigger as well but it was small and made the details that Shafer put in to the book that much more impressive.

After seeing the pieces in person I would have to say my favorite piece that she made was actually a collaboration that she did with a coworker and it was a poster series that contained a poem with different imagery in the background. Shafer was the one who completed the imagery on the posters. I really liked the posters because it was extremely captivating.  When I first saw the poster is attracted my attention immediately.


Among the whole exhibition there where other art books that Shafer made that she did not talk about in her talk but they were just as impressively created as who works that she did talk about.  Overall I am very glad that I went to this Exhibition because it showed and reminded me that there are many different types of art forms in the world that can have an impact on how one thinks.






No comments:

Post a Comment